I have a "prism" in my glasses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a "prism" in my glasses.

I have a "prism" in my glasses, which is to help with the fact that I don't do the "lining up the horizontal/vertical bars" portion of the eye exam correctly. I would like to have my eyes fixed, but my doctor says that LASIK can't fix this condition and I'd have to wear glasses when I do computer work anyway.
    Is this true? I am in computer sales, so I use one ALL day long. Any ideas? Thanks!

Prism can help ease the symptoms of these imbalances by making the brain think the eyes are working together. I have found that some of my patients who require prism can get along just fine after refractive surgery, while others require glasses for some tasks. I can't agree or disagree with your doctor without having examined you myself. But before you jump on a plane to Minnesota, remember that you will have to wear glasses again anyway as your age — unless you have a mono vision correction. I suggest you get a second opinion on your prism and have a frank discussion about the pros and cons of refractive surgery with a practitioner you trust.

Comment

Working...
    X