Why do blind people wear sunglasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do blind people wear sunglasses?

Why do blind people wear sunglasses? If they are blind, they can't use their eyes anymore. There is no need to protect their eyes.

Well, some blind people can sense the light. And some blind people are sensitive to light too. I think the sunglasses can prevent their eyes from the damage of UV rays in harsh sunlight. We know that too much exposure to sunlight may lead to cataract. Thought blind people can't see things, but they also need to protect their eyes from developing cataract.

Comment

We often blink our eyes to lubricate our eyeballs or close our eyes to protect our eyes when the sunlight is too bright, while some blind people can't sense the harsh sunlight and can't react to damages. Their eyes are easy to get further damages. So they need to wear a pair of sunglasses.

Comment

My grandma was blind too. But she used to close her eyes in the house or in the outside. I can't ask my grandma why she often closed her eyes because she passes away a few years ago. So I think the blind people use sunglasses to protect their eyes from being burnt by sunlight too. Just as what we do in daily lives.

Comment

I think they may want to cover the appearance of their dull and unmoving eyes.

Comment

Ah okay. Thank you guys.

Comment

Working...
            X